Just got a magazine with a story on the front, “Find the Happy in Every Day,” which prompted me to think about the nine things that make me happy every day. They’re all easy to identify, and for the most part revolve around my family.It got me to thinking about other ways I could apply that same thinking … and I decided that I could just as easily find the romance in every day. Here are my top five:
- Kiss my husband every morning, and every night … and several times in between. And make them good. 😉
- Hug my son as tightly as I can (without breaking him).
- Smile graciously, and kiss my son when he picks off the last Camelia on the bush to bring inside for the table. They’ll grow back next year.
- Recognize the sweetness of the gesture when my husband sneaks in a car wash and vacuum when he fills it up at the gas station.
- Enjoy our after dinner board games each night, where we tell secrets and revisit the events of the day. Stress from the day can deplete both my patience and my good spirit, so a lively dinner full of laughter, conversation and company refills my heart to near-bursting.
What romantic gestures do you see in your everyday life?