I’m working on a post about women and erotica … so I hope you’ll help me gather a little data for the conversation. If you’ve got time, I hope you’ll respond to at least a couple of the questions below.
- Do you read erotica?
- Do you see it differently than romance? How?
- Do you think men and women read erotica for different reasons?
- Why would you choose erotica over romance, or other fiction genres?
- Who’s your favorite erotica author?
- In your erotica, do you prefer a couple? menage or more? A man and a woman? Two or more men? Two or more women?
- Do you prefer a deep emotional connection between the characters, or just a wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am encounter?
- Do you liken erotica to pornography? To fantasy?
- Do you think that erotica is a good way to fantasize? Do you think it’s healthy? Why?
- Do you read Megan Hart?
- What’s your favorite M.H. title?
I figured this was a little more productive than googling “women’s erotica literature,” which made ME blush … and that’s pretty unusual. Thanks for your feedback!
PS. Cheeky and fun are okay responses; please avoid anything really crass and graphic since I don’t have any type of age filters on my blog. 🙂